Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

TAG, You're it!

I have been tagged by two wonderful ladies!  Cheryl from Crayons and Curls and KJohnson from We are ALL Special.  Whew, you ladies are making me do A LOT of typing tonight.  Guess that is what I get for not checking in on my blog daily!

So here are the rules:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



Fun Facts About Me! (Not sure how fun they are!)


1.  I LOVE animals.  Horses/Dogs.  We have two dogs.  Chihuahua and a Black Lab.  Love those boys.
2.  I LOVE to talk.  I know, you couldn't tell.
3.  My husband and I were a blind date in college.
4.  My husband and I knew each other for 2 weeks before he asked me to marry him and two months later we were married.  We have been married for 29 years!
5.  I used to show horses when I was younger.
6.  I an ADDICTED to DIET COKE.  First thing in the morning and last thing before I go to bed.
7.  After raising my children for 18 years, I went back and finished my credential program that I started 20 years ago and am now living my childhood dream of being a teacher.
8.  I LOVE the beach and love to boogie board.
9.  I used to be a model when I lived in Hawaii.  OMGosh if you could only see me now! You would think, "Model for what?  MuuMuu's"?  :-)
10.  I am obsessed with technology.  Could NOT live without my IPhone or my IPad.  I have a PC but would love to have a MAC.
11.  Speaking of MAC... LOVE their make-up.
12.  Oh, and I used to be a Cosmetologist, so I cut my families hair and I also cut my own!


So here goes:
The questions I have to answer from Cheryl!




12 Questions from me: (Feel free to answer them if you haven't been tagged!)
1. What's your favorite color?  PINK
2. What is another job you have done besides teaching? TOO MANY! Hospital, Dr's Office, Retail, Burger King (my first job when I was 14), and my most important, MOM!
3. Are you married and do you have children? Yes I am married.  29 years!  (wow, that dates me).  We have 2 children.  Our daughter (25) and our son (20).  Really though, I am NOT OLD!!!
4. What was your favorite place to visit?  I was raised in Hawaii so I would have to say my favorite place to visit is Hawaii every year.
5. What is your favorite website? Right now, PINTEREST.  Obsessed really.
6. Would you rather have an Iphone or Blackberry? IPhone.  I would be LOST without mine.
7. What do you eat for lunch while you are at school?  Most days I do not get a lunch but if I do, I run to Subway.
8. What was your favorite present you ever received? Oh my, I have been very blessed with too many to count but I would have to say my husband and my children are my best presents! (Ipad 2 might be a close second!!!)
9. What item do you wish your classroom had? A classroom rug and a computer/technology.
10. What is your favorite movie of all time?  Sweet Dreams
11. Would you rather sit on the beach or go to the mountains?  Definitely lay sit on the beach!
12. What is your favorite holiday?  Halloween

Now to answer KJohnson's questions:

1. Where do you live/Where are you from?  Live in California/From everywhere.  Born in Japan/raised in Hawaii, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Washington, Oregon and the Philippines. 
2. What is your best teaching advice? Be consistent and definitely have a sense of humor! 
3. If you could only keep one thing that's currently in your classroom what would it be? My Assistant!
4. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? Sleep in.
5. How long have you been teaching? This is ONLY my second school year.
6. What is your favorite teaching memory? When a parent came to me and said that I have made a difference not only in their child's life but in theirs as well.
7. What is your favorite store? Yep, I LOVE me some Target!
8. What do you typically wear to school? Jeans, sweater and scarf with boots (now) and in the spring/summer it is definitely capri's, top, and sandals.  Always have my 2 tote bags too!
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your students? I love to do art projects (of course I incorporate fine motor, math skills and literacy into them).
10. What is your favorite book? The Help
11. Do you have a Pinterest? OH YES!!!!
12. What is your favorite restaurant? Red Robin


And Amanda's questions from The Kindergarten Chick:


Questions for those of you I've tagged
1.  When did you start blogging?  I think it was July of 2011
2.  Why did you start blogging?  Wanted to learn, share and meet other teachers.
3.  Are you on Teachers Pay Teachers/Teacher's Notebook?  No.
4.  What is the newest piece of technology in your classroom?  Technology?  Our school doesn't have technology.  It's really sad!
5.  How long have you been teaching?  This is only my second year.
6.  Are you the youngest, oldest, only,somewhere in the middle, other?  I am the baby!
7.  How many years of college have you had? Master's?  12.  Bachelors, 2 Credentials and started my masters.
8.  Has your state adopted the common core? Yes.
9.  Do you have snow on the ground?  No (thank goodness)!  I am not a snow person.
10.  What was the most extreme weather you experienced in 2011?  110 degrees (it does get hot here!)
11. Do you have a pet?  Yes.  2 dogs.
12.  Who do you live with?  My husband of 29 years, our daughter just moved back home, our son and his fiance', and our 2 dogs.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are quick, I had to quit tagging halfway through because I stayed up to late and was copying facebook info onto comments of the people I tagged. D'oh So if you care to answer more questions, I tagged you too! The Kindergarten Chick

Karlie said...

Loved learning more about you! Thanks for sharing:)

We are ALL Special!

Post a Comment