Just thought I would share with you all (or who ever is interested) my February Calendar Numbers that I made. I wanted an ABB pattern so this is what I came up with. Our February is packed with a lot of activities so I am off and running walking briskly. Happy Groundhog Day, Presidents Day, 100th Day (ours falls on Valentines Day) and Happy Valentines Day. Whew... I am exhausted just thinking about it.
I have been tagged by two wonderful ladies! Cheryl from Crayons and Curls and KJohnson from We are ALL Special. Whew, you ladies are making me do A LOT of typing tonight. Guess that is what I get for not checking in on my blog daily!
So here are the rules: 1. You must post the rules. 2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post. 3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged. 4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post. 5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Fun Facts About Me! (Not sure how fun they are!)
1. I LOVE animals. Horses/Dogs. We have two dogs. Chihuahua and a Black Lab. Love those boys. 2. I LOVE to talk. I know, you couldn't tell. 3. My husband and I were a blind date in college. 4. My husband and I knew each other for 2 weeks before he asked me to marry him and two months later we were married. We have been married for 29 years! 5. I used to show horses when I was younger. 6. I an ADDICTED to DIET COKE. First thing in the morning and last thing before I go to bed. 7. After raising my children for 18 years, I went back and finished my credential program that I started 20 years ago and am now living my childhood dream of being a teacher. 8. I LOVE the beach and love to boogie board. 9. I used to be a model when I lived in Hawaii. OMGosh if you could only see me now! You would think, "Model for what? MuuMuu's"? :-) 10. I am obsessed with technology. Could NOT live without my IPhone or my IPad. I have a PC but would love to have a MAC. 11. Speaking of MAC... LOVE their make-up. 12. Oh, and I used to be a Cosmetologist, so I cut my families hair and I also cut my own!
So here goes: The questions I have to answer from Cheryl!
12 Questions from me: (Feel free to answer them if you haven't been tagged!)
1. What's your favorite color? PINK
2. What is another job you have done besides teaching? TOO MANY! Hospital, Dr's Office, Retail, Burger King (my first job when I was 14), and my most important, MOM!
3. Are you married and do you have children? Yes I am married. 29 years! (wow, that dates me). We have 2 children. Our daughter (25) and our son (20). Really though, I am NOT OLD!!!
4. What was your favorite place to visit? I was raised in Hawaii so I would have to say my favorite place to visit is Hawaii every year.
5. What is your favorite website? Right now, PINTEREST. Obsessed really.
6. Would you rather have an Iphone or Blackberry? IPhone. I would be LOST without mine.
7. What do you eat for lunch while you are at school? Most days I do not get a lunch but if I do, I run to Subway.
8. What was your favorite present you ever received? Oh my, I have been very blessed with too many to count but I would have to say my husband and my children are my best presents! (Ipad 2 might be a close second!!!)
9. What item do you wish your classroom had? A classroom rug and a computer/technology.
10. What is your favorite movie of all time? Sweet Dreams
11. Would you rather sit on the beach or go to the mountains? Definitely lay sit on the beach!
12. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
Now to answer KJohnson's questions:
1. Where do you live/Where are you from? Live in California/From everywhere. Born in Japan/raised in Hawaii, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Washington, Oregon and the Philippines.
2. What is your best teaching advice? Be consistent and definitely have a sense of humor!
3. If you could only keep one thing that's currently in your classroom what would it be? My Assistant!
4. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? Sleep in.
5. How long have you been teaching? This is ONLY my second school year.
6. What is your favorite teaching memory? When a parent came to me and said that I have made a difference not only in their child's life but in theirs as well.
7. What is your favorite store? Yep, I LOVE me some Target!
8. What do you typically wear to school? Jeans, sweater and scarf with boots (now) and in the spring/summer it is definitely capri's, top, and sandals. Always have my 2 tote bags too!
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your students? I love to do art projects (of course I incorporate fine motor, math skills and literacy into them).
10. What is your favorite book? The Help
11. Do you have a Pinterest? OH YES!!!!
12. What is your favorite restaurant? Red Robin
And Amanda's questions from The Kindergarten Chick:
Questions for those of you I've tagged 1. When did you start blogging? I think it was July of 2011 2. Why did you start blogging? Wanted to learn, share and meet other teachers. 3. Are you on Teachers Pay Teachers/Teacher's Notebook? No. 4. What is the newest piece of technology in your classroom? Technology? Our school doesn't have technology. It's really sad! 5. How long have you been teaching? This is only my second year. 6. Are you the youngest, oldest, only,somewhere in the middle, other? I am the baby! 7. How many years of college have you had? Master's? 12. Bachelors, 2 Credentials and started my masters. 8. Has your state adopted the common core? Yes. 9. Do you have snow on the ground? No (thank goodness)! I am not a snow person. 10. What was the most extreme weather you experienced in 2011? 110 degrees (it does get hot here!) 11. Do you have a pet? Yes. 2 dogs. 12. Who do you live with? My husband of 29 years, our daughter just moved back home, our son and his fiance', and our 2 dogs.
Once again, I am honored with an award! I am SO, SO thankful for such wonderful support and humbled by the graciousness of those who send me comments, answer questions and have become a HUGE support to me. The most amazing thing to me is that I have never even met any of you in person yet you are the kindest human beings to a basic stranger! My B-I-G S-H-O-U-T-O-U-T goes to Marlana from Lil' Country Kindergarten, as she has truly been a HUGE inspiration to me and such a wonderful supporter. She has helped me with so many questions (not even teacher related) and is always willing to help. If you have not seen her blog, PLEASE zip on over there now and become a loyal follower. I am her #1 stalker follower! Here is her link: http://lilcountrykindergarten.blogspot.com
Winners of this award are to pass it on to four or YOUR favorite followers... (Hopefully you have 4!) the ones who are always sure to leave you some love, and who make you feel really good about whatever it is you posted! (Which I admit, I have been MIA lately!!! No excuse but I am also going through BTSA right now plus teach a class full of "special" kinders). Gotta love those kiddos though!
With that being said, I would have to say that I would have to Re-Award (is that such a word?) this award to Marlana. She truly ROCKS!! She has such a passion for teaching and helping, which I am finding in most teachers it comes hand in hand, but there are those special ones that go above and beyond, so thank you Marlana!
Cheryl at Crayons and Curls! Thanks for "tagging" me! Good thing I really don't have to run! Whew!
Heather from Heather's Heart! She has left me some great comments and has some TRULY wonderful ideas on her blog...
Louanne from My Kindergarten Kids (which is a new name and look for her). I would LOVE to be in her class if I were a Kinder again better yet, wish I could just have her as a mentor teacher and let me copy learn from her! Please check her blog out if you haven't yet!
With that being said, THANK YOU to ALL of my 200 oops, dreaming again, 97 followers. I know I haven't posted much lately and need to get it together more but I do appreciate each and everyone of you and would love to hear from you all! Many blessings!
WOW!! I am so honored to be awarded this award. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful blogger friends! Thank you to Marlana over at Lil' Country Kindergarten blog for awarding this to me. If you don't have her on your favorite blog list, I would highly recommend it. She has been such a great inspiration to me since I started my blog back in July and I would love to meet her in person someday!
1. Thank the person who presented the award to you and link back to them.
Thank you again Marlana. You so made my day! :-)
A few have asked about my Keep Calm picture that I made my secret santa pal so I thought I would just share my work with you if you wanted it. I just did it in black print then copied it on yellow card stock for my SSPal but I made mine PINK of course!!! You can make yours any color by printing it on your choice of card stock.
I really wanted to get these posted before the Christmas Holiday but... things were C-R-A-Z-Y around here! We were in Disneyland the weekend before (my son proposed to his girlfriend, it was beautiful, in front of the Castle while all lit up in white christmas lights and the fake snow coming down.. yes, Momma cried. I think Dad did too!). Then I had to teach right up until the 23rd and we all know how the week before break is.. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Then Christmas happened and then I was struck with the WORST food poisoning and am just now recovering. Oy Vey!!!
I just wanted to share how my Christmas tree came out this year. I have always done a red and gold tree with ONLY red and gold packages of course but this year I decided to change the theme to Tiffany Blue and Brown (my house colors) and I must say, I absolutely love the way it turned out. I even made a cone tree out of fabric that I found on pinterest. Gotta love that site!
The proposal and the Happy Couple!
Another Pinterest Inspiration... The blue and brown glitter balls made from Floor cleaner! They turned out stunning!
Wow... yes, I have been MIA (missing in action) thank goodness I didn't end of DOA (dead on arrival, although going to the hospital I felt like they should have given me that title) BUT I am SWTL (still with the living). This has been the worse Winter break I have ever had. I have literally been in bed since last Tuesday night (12/27) and today is the first day I have been able to get up and join the living. I was struck with the WORST food poisoning ever. I have never been so violently ill where I had to be taken to the emergency room. I won't go into details as it really was not a pretty sight but all I can say is I beat it and score 1 for Jeannie and score 0 for the cow!
I had all these wonderful plans to get my whole month of January done, make some new printables to share, get my house organized, get a cabinet painted, and enjoy my family during my 2 week break but unfortunately I have not been able to get ANY of those accomplished. I am so sad. :-(
But on the other hand... I did notice that I am up to 91 followers. Whoo Hoo! I will be having a give away when I reach my 100th follower so spread the word!
Well, back to my horizontal position for now. Still very weak but at least I have my humor back. Hubby should be home soon so have to continue to use the sympathy card so I don't have to cook dinner! Who am I fooling? I don't cook anyways!