Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

DonorsChoose.org Package

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened my classroom door to see boxes of some of the items that arrived from my DonorsChoose.org project. I wanted to stop everything and put them together right then and there but, I had to teach the entire day before opening the boxes. It was like waiting to open presents that sit under your Christmas tree. I didn't get them all opened and put together yet but I am working on it! I feel so honored to have been chosen for my project to be funded and know that it will enrich the learning environment for my students. Just thought I would share some photos of what I have received so far!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so great!! I'm glad your project got funded. Do you have any helpful hints to help me get mine funded?


PS - not a 31 rep, but I should be!

Teaching 123's & ABC's said...

Hi Rachel,
I would post mine to Facebook and give an update on how much more I needed to get it funded. I had some great FB friends that donated and I was lucky enough to have been given a $300 anonymous donation. Also, in sent home a note in my monthly classroom newsletter explaining to the parents that I had a project posted and gave them the info. I think this may have been how the organization that donated the $300 knew about my project. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Post a Comment