Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

DonorsChoose.org

I am doing my "happy feet" dance!  Whoo hoo!!!  My project was fully funded today with only 11 days to go.  I am so, so excited.  I will finally have a dramatic play area in my classroom.  Time to teach my class (all boys I might add) how to cook, clean and set the table!  No that's what I am talkin' about!  Teaching them young!!  No, really on a serious note, I truly was blessed to have this large amount funded and can't wait to help facilitate the social learning process that goes along with dramatic play.  My special ed kinders need to be taught how to play and understand certain social ques so using the dramatic play unit is a great way for them to "ask" their friends "what they would like to eat" or "can you make cookies with me"?  So a BIG THANK YOU to all my supporters and donors for funding this project.  Words cannot express my gratitude.  :-)

http://www.kaplanco.com/store/trans/productDetailForm.asp?CatID=2|DP1000|0&PID=19690

3 comments:

Vintage Teacher said...

Congratualtions! How exciting.

Teaching 123's & ABC's said...

Thank you! I am just so excited. I have never used DonorsChoose.org before and was down to just 11 days left with $239 to go and someone came in and donated the rest. I am just so speechless. So, so grateful! Now I can't wait to get my dramatic play unit and set it up for the kids to play with! Will post pictures once it arrives!

Ashley TeBeest said...

You just gave me great inspiration to submit my grant to Donors Choose!

Post a Comment