Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day Scavenger Hunt

I have been away from my blog for several days due to a trip to Oregon for a Family Reunion.  It was absolutely a very memorable 5 days and so wonderful to see family members that I have not seen in 15+ years.  Lots of pictures were taken and many memories made... with that being said, I am back to reality and back on the trail of blog stocking for more wonderful ideas!  I must say, I am one of the luckier ones as we do not start back to school until a day after labor day so I get the pleasure of sitting home for another month to "look" at more great ideas before returning to my classroom.  I saw this idea on http://wildaboutk.blogspot.com and thought what a great idea for me to use in my classroom as I teach special education kinders and we are constantly redirecting the students to certain areas of the classroom so I thought if I made this a first day scavenger hunt, made a little game out of it with a "reward" at the end then perhaps my kiddos would learn the areas quicker.  Of course we might have to modify it and make it a weekly scavenger hunt for the first few months!  So thank you Wild about K for the wonderful inspiration!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oWgwRX8n0zdfhcuRJcsgy7xhUuu715He-JPnDj36X5w/edit?hl=en_US


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Im a special ed teacher too, but my kiddos are a little older! I hope we can share lots of ideas!

Teaching 123's & ABC's said...

Thank you Ms. Rachel! I love to share ideas! :-)

Post a Comment