Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ikea Trip

I am still working on gathering items for my classroom so I can get it all put together before school starts next month.  Problem is I have too many ideas swirling away in my brain and every time I see something cute on a blog or in a store or online, my brain swirls some more as I want to do everything I see.  Funny thing is, I teach special needs children and now I am thoroughly convinced that I am the one with ADHD!  I hear myself saying, "Focus. Focus. Focus."  I went to Ikea today and Oh My!  My cart runnith over.. Yes, I believe I might be a shop-a-holic.  A shopaholic with ADHD.  Not a good combination I might add.  BUT... I did come out of the store with what I had intended on getting, so that is a good thing.  I needed some cute little chairs to go in my listening center and I found these lime green ones.  They are so cute.  Made of plastic (so easy to clean) and lightweight.  I also purchased the cutest lime green Owl lamp at target to put on my desk.  It was on clearance for $14.99.  Did I say 'Cute"?  My classroom is very old so it needs A LOT of cuteness in it.  (At least that is my story and I am sticking to it!  And it works really well with the hubby!)  Well here is a picture of my cute lime green chairs that I wanted to share.  Can't wait to go to my classroom this week to start putting things together!

Here is the fancy border to go with my cute chairs!

Here is the other side of the border.  Not sure what side I will use.

3 comments:

Teacher...Mom...Wife..Etc! said...

Love the chairs! I say use both sides of the border. Us the mostly green side on the horizontal and the more decorative side on the vertical or vice versa. It will create a very unique board.

Teaching 123's & ABC's said...

Thank you Teacher... Mom... Wife. I actually went out and bought another pack of the border so I could use both sides and I love your idea about changing it up! I will certainly do that. I can't wait to get my room together. :-)

Ms. Preppy said...

OMGsh! Those are WAY cute. I wish we had an IKEA nearby. But then again, maybe it's a good thing I don't have one!

Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

Post a Comment