Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Getting Dicey Linky Party

After reading Little Miss Kindergarten's "It's Getting Dicey Linky" party ideas, I was instantly "on the roll" to come up with a dice mat to use for my Kinder's.  During the month of October, my lesson plan includes a trip to the Pumpkin patch/Farm and I do a Farm theme along with my Pumpkin theme so I came up with this "Farming For Numbers" mat.  My kiddo's need constant number recognition reinforcement  AND I TOO LOVE to use DICE.  So do my students.  I will be making several of these mats, laminating them and putting them at my Math Center. I will give the students 1 die first to roll up to 6 and will have a bucket of Farm animals in front of them that they will have to place on the number they roll.  You could use any type of counters though.  When we get to the 2nd mat with numbers 5-10, I will give them 2 dice to roll.  So not only number recognition but counting as well. *(Graphics by ScrappinDoodle).


2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Something is wrong with the post because it is covering up the right side of your blog. I am trying to follow and can't!
littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Teaching 123's & ABC's said...

Ummm.. I don't see that on mine. I tried Google chrome and firefox. Are you using Internet Explorer? Is it like that on all my postings or just this one? Thanks for letting me know! :-)

Jeannie

Post a Comment